1. Critiquing the research article
Critiquing a research article - ScienceDirect
– study design
– data collection
– study tools if relevant including validity and reliability
– any bias that is evident in the study
– ethics (including consent)
-how the data was analysed and presented
In doing this you will be showing an understanding of the research process. Make sure that you support your discussion with relevant references, identifying any implications of the issues identified.
• Demonstrate that you have conducted an appropriate inspection of the literature related to this topic
• Summarise the significant findings, showing where this study fits in to the wider evidence base on the topic. This will help you to demonstrate wider reading and should show that you have undertaken an inspection of the relevant literature.
Research Critique Essay - by Barbie1971 - Anti Essays
• Critique the research paper using the framework issued by the module leader (see below) identifying strengths and limitations of the study. Make sure that you address the literature review and methodological issues:
develop a research paper on a health care technology …
For example, its scores overlap those ofhumans on standard vocabulary and subject matter tests, it mimicshuman word sorting and category judgments, simulates word-wordand passage-word lexical priming data and, as reported in accurately estimates passagecoherence, learnability of passages by individual students andthe quality and quantity of knowledge contained in an essay.Research reported in, and applications available from, thiswebsite exploit a new method for determining and representingthe similarity of meaning of words and passages by statisticalanalysis of large text corpora.
Ayurveda Research Papers (CCA Student papers)
• Provide a clear statement of intent and signpost the essay.
• Tell the reader what will be included in this essay and in what order.
• State why the topic is important to your field of nursing.
• Outline the importance of research in nursing, critiquing research and link to evidence based practice.
• Define key terms which are relevant to your essay – ensure the definitions are relevant to your essay content (e.g. if using quantitative research, ensure your definition relates to the type of studies and methodology you are discussing).